We would like to personally welcome you to the following programs. We offer qualifications by Qualifi, an internationally recognized UK awarding organization.
Levels 4 and 5 Health and Social Care
These programs have been created to develop and reward the health care managers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to health care sectors.
We hope that you take the opportunity to learn a great deal from these programs that will provide you with new skills and qualities.
It is envisioned that these programs will encourage both your academic and professional development so that you may move forward to realize not just your own potential but also that of organizations across a broad range of health care facilities.
The Certificate is accredited at Level 4 and the Diploma is accredited at level 5. Each program has a total of 120 credits. Completing the Certificate and either Diploma has a value of 240 credits. This is equivalent to a Foundation Degree and as such allows access to the final year of a related honors Degree.
Rationale, aims and learning outcomes of the courses
The rationale of these programs is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and decision making capabilities within the health care sector. The outcome of the Certificates and Diplomas, which are recognized UK qualifications, is for you to develop the skills required by organizations globally.
All programs create learning that advance the thought leadership of organizations, offering conceptual and practical insights that are applicable in the companies of today and tomorrow.
Furthermore we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry.
These Certificates and Diplomas will link to key development in areas of commerce. Contemporary issues are identified and evaluated so that the learner has a true vocational understanding on the health care industry as well as an academic perspective.
In order to achieve this, work placements are encouraged so that genuine experience can be gained and a true insight into the practicalities of health care management can be realized.
Aims of the Certificates and Diplomas
The programs offered provide the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in health and social care by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding of the industry, and to support the individual’s development into senior positions. The course aims for the following:
- To enable students to apply analytical and evaluative techniques to health care in private and public sectors
- To enhance analytical and evaluative skills relating to health care across a number of industries
- To develop the learner’s ability to recognize and reflect on the process of personal learning and development which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills
- To encourage the student’s self-reflection, analytical, intellectual and transferable skills
The overall learning outcomes for all programs are:
- To understand and apply the principles of leadership in a health care environment
- Review and apply the principles of health care management within industry
- To understand and apply the principles of health care management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of students by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the health care world.
- Analyze problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyze information form a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth